Level: Intermediate / Duration: 3h45
This course is for Quarkus developers who want to discover how Quarkus and MicroProfile handle microservices. It’s a mixture of slides and code so you can “Understand and Practice” at the same time. This way, you learn the theory, and then put it into practice by developing a microservice architecture step by step.
In this course you will develop two RESTful microservices that talk to each other. After introducing Microservices and MicroProfile, you will make sure your development environment is set up, and you will go from bootstrapping two Quarkus microservices, to running them as Docker containers. The different steps you’ll go through are:
- Understand Microservices
- Understand MicroProfile
- Check your development environment
- Develop two microservice that expose REST endpoints using JAX-RS and CDI
- Customize the JSON output with JSON-B
- Test the two microservices in isolation with JUnit and RESTAssured
- Configure each microservice
- Document each microservice with MicroProfile OpenAPI
- Establish the communication between microservices with MicroProfile REST Client
- Mock the microservice communication when testing
- Handle communication failure with MicroProfile Fault Tolerance
- Build a Linux executable with GraalVM out of each microservice
- Containerize each microservice with Docker and execute it
- Create and configure a Docker Compose file so both microservices can be executed in a single command
At the end of the course you’ll get a good understanding on how to implement RESTful microservices with Quarkus. You will be able to bootstrap, develop, package and execute a microservice architecture, but most important, take Quarkus microservices to your next project.
Good luck for the course, and please reach out if you need any help or if you have any request: I’m here to help!